What are healing affirmations and do they really work?
Healing affirmations can be emotional support for oneself or others, and it can be a real sense of encouragement to yourself or others if you affirm them regarding their health and healing process.
It has been proven that daily positivity can help to heal us physically, emotionally, and mentally just like deep belly breathing can help to lower our stress almost instantly. This is a technique that sounds too good to be true, too simple to work, and yet it has been proven to work, so why are we too stubborn or resistant to give it a go.
“I Am” Statements
When we use “I Am” statements, we are declaring that we are devoted to implementing those characteristics rather than just pretending to implement them or trying to be someone other than who we are.
“I Am” statements are powerful and when we constantly say them out loud, the easier it is to believe that we can live out our life this way.
Have you heard this statement before: Our thoughts become things, and things lead to action, and our action leads to results – both positive or negative. So let’s positively keep affirming ourselves more so that we can heal physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually.
The Bible calls us to think about things that are good and positive. This verse in itself is a healing affirmation for our mind, body and soul.
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report, if there be any virtue and if there be any praise, think on these things.Philippians 4:8
The more we get the positive healing affirmations in our minds, the more likely we will be rewarded by health in every aspect of our life. We can heal through affirmations because it causes us to think and dwell on the good versus the bad.
One way to begin is to write down healing affirmations in a gratitude journal. Then speak these positive healing affirmations out loud daily. The more you do this, the more you will get these ingrained in your mind, and you will find that your mood and outlook on life will change with each passing day.
Renew Our Minds
The Bible calls us to renew our mind, and this means to think about things that are good, like the verse above. The bible speaks about the fact that laughter is good like medicine, and so things that are good and make us laugh can change us from the outside in.
It is proven that bitterness and unforgiveness are harmful to our bodies; they can make our health spiral downward. Yet simply by implementing positive healing affirmations can help us get rid of bitterness and forgive our transgressors and move on to living a happy, healthier life. It’s amazing how our thoughts can change the outcomes of our lives. When we let go and forgive, we are not condoning the wrong action done to us, but we are choosing to not let it hold us back from living our best self. Forgiveness can propel our own life forward so that we can live out our purpose.
It seems so simple, which it is, but it is not always easy to keep implementing into our daily routines. We make excuses. We procrastinate. We put it off!
We can claim these positive healing affirmations and increase the overall wellness of our mind, body and soul so that we live out the purpose God has for us, which is living the best version of ourselves in order to glorify Him.
30 Healing Affirmations
Here is a list of 30 healing affirmations that you may want to incorporate into your daily life. Pick a few that resonate with you and just get started – you can totally change your life by incorporating these healing affirmations into your everyday routine.
- I am grateful and always see the good side of people.
- I am forgiving of myself and others.
- I love my body enough to declare healing affirmations.
- I love and respect myself and others.
- I am compassionate and understanding of myself and others.
- I am exercising my mental fitness everyday.
- I love who God made me with my own uniqueness and individuality.
- I love my body and give it the rest it needs.
- I love my body and give it the nourishment it requires.
- I am treating my body like a temple.
- I am listening to my gut instinct and intuition as it comes from God.
- I am so thankful God gives my body the answers when I seek him.
- I am so thankful I can ask and receive in the will of God.
- I am so thankful that when I knock, the door is open for new opportunities.
- I am so thankful that when I seek, I find the answers for healing.
- I trust in myself for wisdom as I seek God’s counsel in all I do.
- I am able to do all things with God who strengthens me.
- I am able to know what my body needs.
- I am strong and courageous enough to stand up for myself.
- I am bold and can live with a healthy self esteem.
- I am taking my thoughts captive so that I think of things that are pure and good.
- I am taking care of my emotional needs and allowing myself to feel.
- I am taking action so that my physical body remains strong.
- I am loving myself as the bible calls me to, which is taking care of my self physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.
- I am fearfully and wonderfully made and God knows what is best for me and my life.
- I trust God implicitly with every aspect of my life because he loves me unconditionally.
- I am choosing to be healthy and to treat my body well.
- I love that God’s power is helping me be the best version of myself.
- I am a child of the king and I belong to Jesus.
- I am willing to learn and grow with positive healing affirmations.
Check out my other affirmations:
Which one is your favorite? Let me know in the comments below!