Gratitude affirmations are such a powerful tool that can be implemented by any single person and may be the solution you are looking for. If you need to change your thought process for success or combat your negative thoughts, or gain more confidence and live a more peaceful life, then this is a great way to start your mindset shift.
It’s easy to get into a mindset where the whole world is against you. It’s easy to get into the victim mentality where you think nothing will ever get better or nothing ever goes your way. But the Bible tells us to think about things that are lovely and pure and to rejoice always. Jesus asks us to live without grumbling and to live a life that is pleasing to God. God asks us to be thankful in every circumstance. Is this always easy? Absolutely not! But God still calls us to live a life of gratitude and promises to give us everything we need. God gives us the tools we need, we just need to use them.
So…I’m here to challenge you to open up your tool belt and get out your power tools. Maybe this is the one electric tool that will light you up 🙂
What Are Gratitude Affirmations?
Let’s look at the meaning of the word gratitude. According to the dictionary, gratitude is the quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness. The meaning of the word affirmation according to the dictionary is the process of affirming something or being affirmed, which gives emotional support or encouragement. So gratitude affirmations we declare ourselves then help to affirm, support and encourage our own self.
Gratitude affirmations are in essence a positive way to influence your own life. It’s a way to rewire your brain or your mind so that you maximize your potential success and live the way God commands us to live.
The Bible tells us to…
Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Gratitude affirmations can be done anywhere, at anytime and you can repeat the same ones over and over, or you can be creative and come up with a variety of gratitude affirmations.
Check out another one of my blog posts: Affirmations For Weight Loss – Speaking Truth Into Your Life Daily
Practice Your Gratitude
I recommend starting this practice first thing in the morning and begin with just a few gratitude affirmations, maybe one or two. Then slowly add to your list as it becomes more commonplace for you. This will be a very healthy habit that you are incorporating into your life and soon you will be aware that these affirmations just pop into your mind and elevate your mood. They enhance your life. They give you more energy. And they actually make you happier and more satisfied with your life.
You may want to first come up with a few excellent gratitude affirmations and write them down on a card. Then place this card somewhere in a prominent place, like on your bathroom mirror (maybe tape it in place) until you have memorized them and they become almost poetic to you.
Everytime you pass by the card, read these gratitude affirmations to yourself and believe what you have read. You may want to incorporate scripture into some of your gratitude affirmations as well.
Another practice that I do is I write my gratitude affirmations in a gratitude journal. There are some great gratitude journals that you can find online… here are some of my favorites!
Why Is It So Important To Be Speaking Affirmations Out Loud?
Speaking these gratitude affirmations out loud does something to your mind – for one, you are taking action and speaking to yourself which will help you listen and absorb the words as you speak. Read it like you mean it! Be somewhat forceful so that your speech and your body language are in sync. At first, this may seem a little strange, almost awkward, but with time you will believe what you are saying and it will increase your confidence, as well as your mood. You’ll soon be waking up to gratitude affirmations running through your mind, thinking about them throughout your day, and also going to bed with gratitude affirmations running through your mind.
In fact, these gratitude affirmations will change your life. Be aware of how you feel before you start this daily habit, and after a few weeks or a month, check in with yourself… so do an audit of yourself and take note of how this one simple habit has changed your life. You’ll be pleasantly surprised. You will be praising God throughout each day, which is how God calls us to live.
So…here is a list of 30 Gratitude Affirmations if you want a little help getting started, and feel free to use them or tweak them to make them your own. Be creative and come up with your own list – you’ll be glad you did!
30 Gratitude Affirmations That Can Change Your Life
- I choose to be grateful in every circumstance.
- I am grateful for every opportunity that comes my way.
- I am thankful I can choose what I want most over what I want right now.
- I choose to trust God with every area of my life.
- I thank God for each interaction coming my way today.
- I choose to have freedom in Christ and not to live in shame.
- I am grateful that I always see the good in others.
- I thank God that He gives me what I need to move forward in my purpose.
- I am grateful for a spirit of forgivingness both for myself and others.
- I choose to be non-judgemental of myself and others.
- I thank God for compassion and understanding.
- I am grateful for how God blesses me.
- I anticipate God’s blessings each day with thankgiving.
- I am so thankful for God’s love for me.
- I am grateful for God’s new mercies each morning.
- I love that my hope is built on Christ the solid rock.
- I am thankful I can respect myself and others.
- I am grateful for the kindness shown to me.
- I am grateful I can show kindness to others.
- I am so thankful for my creative mind to bless others.
- I am so grateful for my healthy relationships.
- I choose to live my best life.
- I am thankful for every breath I take.
- I choose to live with hope for tomorrow.
- I trust in God for every step I take.
- I am thankful that with God in my life, I can do what He asks of me.
- I am grateful that I can practice using my gifts and talents for His will.
- I love that God’s spirit and His power help me be an overcomer.
- I choose to live in faith and live an abundant life.
- I LOVE my Life!
Which gratitude affirmation is your favorite? Let me know in the comments below! And as you do, I challenge you to start saying these gratitude affirmations each and every day!